Last updated: September 14, 2023
Thank you for choosing to use Slater.app. Our mission is to help you embrace the strengths of both visual and traditional development to create a more inclusive, collaborative, and elegant approach to building for the web, regardless of the toolset.
Since we do not have the privilege of knowing all of our users personally, we have established these Terms of Service to ensure the smooth operation of our platform and maintain a safe and productive environment for all our users.
When we refer to "Company," "we," "our," or "us" in this document, we are referring to Slater.app. When we mention "Service," we mean our websites, including Slater.app, and any product created and maintained by Slater.app. This includes Slater.app, whether accessed through a web browser, desktop application, mobile application, or another format.
When we use the terms "You" or "your," we are referring to the individuals or organizations that own an account with one or more of our Service.
We reserve the right to update these Terms of Service ("Terms") in the future. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will update the date at the top of this page and take any other appropriate steps to notify account holders.
By using our Service, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms. There may be instances where we choose not to exercise or enforce a right or provision of the Terms; however, this does not imply that we are waiving that right or provision. These Terms do include a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the Terms, we may terminate your account. This is a broad statement, and it means that you need to place a lot of trust in us. We strive to earn and maintain that trust by being transparent about who we are, how we operate, and by maintaining an open channel for your feedback. You can reach us at [our support email] for any inquiries or feedback.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password and for ensuring that any of your users do the same. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted to and activity that occurs under your account, including content posted by and activity of any users in your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- If you are using a free version of our Service, it is really free: we do not ask you for your credit card and — just like for customers who pay for our Service — we do not sell your data.
- If you are upgrading from a free plan to a paid plan, we will charge your card immediately and your billing cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other upgrades or downgrades in plan level, the new rate starts from the next billing cycle.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, we will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities. See our Taxes policy for more details. Otherwise, you are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies, or duties.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. Within our Service, we provide a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link. You can cancel your account from your Account page. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not automatically considered cancellation.
- Some of your content may be inaccessible from the Service immediately upon account cancellation.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. We do not automatically prorate unused time in the last billing cycle.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Service for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of a Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. We provide the Service on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for most of our Service but do take uptime of our applications seriously.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Service. Of course, we’ll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- We take many measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. We enforce encryption for data transmission from the public Internet. There are some edge cases where we may send your data through our network unencrypted.
- To help you with support requests you make. We’ll ask for express consent before accessing your account.
- On the rare occasions when an error occurs that stops an automated process partway through. We get automated alerts when such errors occur. When we can fix the issue and restart automated processing without looking at any personal data, we do. In rare cases, we have to look at a minimum amount of personal data to fix the issue. In these rare cases, we aim to fix the root cause to prevent the errors from recurring.
- To safeguard Slater.app. We’ll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure the security of your data and the Service as a whole.
- To the extent required by applicable law. As a US company with all data infrastructure located in the US, we only preserve or share customer data if compelled by a US government authority with a legally binding order or proper request under the Stored Communications Act, or in limited circumstances in the event of an emergency request. If a non-US authority approaches Slater.app for assistance, our default stance is to refuse unless the order has been approved by the US government, which compels us to comply through procedures outlined in an established mutual legal assistance treaty or agreement mechanism. If Slater.app is audited by a tax authority, we only share the bare minimum billing information needed to complete the audit.
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- When the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) applies to your use of the Service to process Customer Data as defined in the DPA. The DPA linked above supersedes any previously agreed data processing addendum between you and Slater.app relating to your use of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- You give us a limited license to use the content posted by you and your users in order to provide the Service to you, but we claim no ownership rights over those materials. All materials you submit to the Service remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but we reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission of the Company.
Features and Bugs
We design our Service with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Service will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Service inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don’t guarantee completely error-free Service.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to these Terms or the Service, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In simple terms, opting to utilize our Service is essentially a vote of confidence in us. If that vote doesn't pan out as expected, the responsibility rests with you, not us. We make every effort to ensure we're a reliable choice by diligently managing our operations, making strategic investments in security, infrastructure, and talent, and, most importantly, caring deeply about what we do. If you decide to engage with our Service, we genuinely appreciate your trust and confidence in us.
If you have a question about any of these Terms, please email@example.com.